What do jewelry buyers look for in used/estate/vintage/antique diamond engagement rings, wedding rings, necklaces, and bracelets?
When you are left wondering, “How can I sell my estate and antique engagement rings,” it helps to know what buyers are looking for. DeSumma and Wexler has been in the business of buying jewelry for many years, and our detailed knowledge of Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry, Tiffany and Co. jewelry, and many other brands of fine jewelry has established our reputation as one of the most trusted jewelers in the historic district of Jewelers’ Row in downtown Philadelphia.
Selling diamond jewelry on consignment relies on many significant factors, and DeSumma and Wexler will evaluate all aspects of your old jewelry that may have impact on its resale value, including:
- Age and era of your piece
- Old-fashioned workmanship that isn’t replicated in modern jewelry
- Designer or maker’s mark to signal provenance or history
- Authenticity guarantees and an appraisal for metal and gemstone quality
- Craftsmanship and condition of your piece
- Metal purity and weight
- Diamond weight and quality
- Ring size
- Necklace length—chain style versus pendant style
- Bracelet length
- Unique engravings or details